I have always accepted the fact that there are things in life which I can never do. These are monumental events and tasks that have defined people and carved history. Although anything conceived can be achieved, there are exemptions that must be swallowed hard. Perhaps I will never live any of these things, but at least I managed to dream them.
10. Being the US President..... Of course I am a not an American citizen and I don't have plans to be one. But becoming the most powerful man in the world has always been part of my wishes.
9. Doing a voyager impersonation..... Circling around the world with a ship is a daunting task. The hardest part of it is ensuring that the world is not big enough to be circled.
8. Acting for a heist movie..... After watching Ocean's 13, I kept on thinking the possibility of me being included in the film. Now we can already change the movie title to Ocean's 14.
7. Dating Princess Diana..... No one is perfect in this world. If there is anyone who will come close to the word perfection, then its Princess Diana.
6. Commanding one of Hitler's battalions..... Forget about the claim that Hitler was an anti-Christ. It is his war strategies that enamored me to guide his army.
5. Inventing a breakthrough innovation..... From the abacus to the computers, the world has never been the same again. I have always wanted to make something that will make life easy.
4. Investigating a global case..... It does not matter if I wok for FBI or CIA on this one. The most important thing is that I spearhead the team.
3. Playing in the World Cup Finals..... In this game I will score a hat trick. The most important goal will seal the game and allow me to lift the trophy.
2. Singing with the Beatles in a concert..... All I ask is five of my favorite songs to be sang by me with the greatest band of all time. I will; Here, there, and everywhere; The long and winding road; In my life; and Let it be.
1. Hitting a homerun at Fenway Park against the Yankees..... Here is the scenario, I am playing for the Red Sox and it is Game 7 of the ALCS, bottom of the 9th, no scores for both teams, 2 outs, nobody on, full count, with Roger Clemens on the mound. With a great swing, I drive the ball towards the Green Monster and the rest is history.
These go beyond hallucination. Indeed, these events will never happen even if I live 9 lifetimes. But it is a good thing that I came to fathom these moments. For that I have experienced greatness, and greatness no matter how brief stays with a man. Just Gene Hackman..... Sweet!!!
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Friday, June 15, 2007
Janette Toral of Reflective Thinking - Taking the 8th Habit Challenge came up with this contest: The Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs of 2007.
- Write a post listing a maximum of 10 blogs created since 8-1-2006 that you think are the most influential.
- Include a link to the original Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs of 2007 writing project post.
- Leave a comment on the original writing project post, with a link to your own post, so that your votes can be counted.
- Posts are tallied weekly. The project is on its third week and those blogs who have been voted only once so far will be deleted unless voted again in week 4.
- The AnitoKid Chronikos - A financial analyst and information scientist's take on billiards and Philippine Sports
- The Broken Bow - Never put your bow on a sofa, you may sit on it, as I did
- Pulitika, Kalakalan at Iba Pa - Isang Sulyap sa Mga Makatotohanang Pangyayari
Thursday, June 14, 2007
The trial of deposed President Joseph "Erap" Estrada has been a circus. It has been a source of contradictions or I would rather say it has been an oxyMORON. The prosecutor claims that victory is within their sights, but the evidences suggest otherwise. On the other hand, Erap was supposed to be in prison but instead he manages to attend most of his outside endeavors. Now that the verdict is about to be served, a lot of people are still thinking if our justice system can be objective and fair.
The nation is divided when it comes to the guilt of Erap. Here are the reason why Erap might be convicted and at the same time acquitted.
He will be convicted because:
- The government will place its hand on the case. Of course President GMA will have her opinion heard.
- It took 6 years to end the case. The prosecutors will be favored because they can pile up their evidences.
- The Philippines is known for breaking records. This will be a classic proof of that statement.
- The judges will be pressured by the possible repercussions of Erap's acquittal. It has to be remembers that these judges have ambitions that wrest on the administration.
- Convicting Erap is easier because he can be reprieved in the future. Acquitting Erap, however, is a different story.
He will be acquitted because:
- The evidence of the government is weak.
- Having Chavit Singson testifying against Erap is a blessing for the former President.
- The judges have no testicular fortitude to pull the trigger.
- Erap will no longer regain the power that he had once.
- The former President's legal team is just that good.
It is hard to predict the exact events that will transpire in relation to this case. Guilty or not, life will still go on for most of us. But isn't it better when our lives are lived in a soceity that promotes justice and equity. Sweet!!!
1.) Copy and paste the matrix of “ViralTags” below.
2.) Substitute the Host Tag and one of the “Viral Tags” in the matrix with your anchor text of choice with your blog’s URL. Please keep anchor text to a max of 3 words to keep the matrix size manageable.
3.) When you get a ping back from someone that has your link in one of their “Viral Tags”, practice good karma by copying his/her Host Tag’s anchor text (automatically the associated link will also be copied) and paste it over one of your “Viral Tags” below.
4.) Encourage and invite your readers to do the same and soon this can grow virally.
=== Copy and Paste below this line ===
Once I get a ping back from you, I will add your anchor text and the associated link you designate as “Host Tag” here, replacing one of the “ViralTags” from the matrix above. As more and more bloggers copy and paste this matrix, the more backlinks you will have with your anchor text. If everybody who copy and paste from your blog does the same, pretty soon this will spread and go viral. So, the sooner you participate, the more links with anchor text you will receive.
=== Copy and Paste from Above this line ===
There it is folks. This should help you improve your Technorati ranking, SERP and Google PR. Please leave comment here if you have copied from this matrix so that I can add you just in case your ping back didn’t reach me.
No Porn Sites
Only 1 link per person (i.e don’t hog the viralink!)
Please don’t tamper with other peoples url’s
Posted by I AM SAM at 9:40 PM
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
A spin-off of the link train - saw this from AnitoKid, who got it from his friend, Andy. For us new bloggers, it could be quite beneficial for long term SEO reasons. It’s straight forward and could bring in a nice bunch of backlinks if everyone uses it right.
It’s called ViraLink and was masterminded by Andy Coates. Be sure to read the post about it over at his blog, as you may not understand it at first, but I assure you this could be a nice little link builder here. Instructions below:
———copy and paste the Viralink and instructions below this line———
Below is a matrix of 120 stars, I have already added a link to my blog onto one of the stars, all you need to do is copy and paste the grid into your blog and add your own link to one of the other spare stars, and tell others to do the same!
New Addition: When I receive a ping back once you have added the Viralink to your site I will add your link to this grid, and each person who copies the grid from here will also link to your site!
No Porn Sites!
Only 1 link per person (i.e don’t hog the viralink!)
Please don’t tamper with other peoples url’s
I saw this at AnitoKid's - a Technorati Favorites exchange. You can read how this works at Dosh Dosh’s Ultimate Technorati Favorites Exchange: An Interactive Experience!
I am participating and would love to have you in my own Technorati favorites exchange.
If you’d like to join in:
b. Come Back to this Post and Leave a Comment that you have Added me. Use your own Technorati Fave link in the comment so I know where to go. (i.e. http://technorati.com/faves?sub=addfavbtn&add=http://www.yourdomain.com)
c. I will go through my comments and then add you to my Technorati Faves list as well.
- How to Earn Money Blogging
- AskaX World
- T Jantunen.com
- Vinod Live!
- Bil2me dot com
- Blogging for Money
- Money Consciousness
- Brown Thoughts
- Quasi Fictional
- Foreign Perspectives
- Home Based Business
- The Million Dollar Experiment Down Under
- Sexy in Red
- I Thought Therefore I BlogMake Money Online: Quick n’ Easy Way
- MLM Forums online marketing blog
- Ramblings of an Undisturbed Mind
- NiaTrading Signals
- Shadow Scope
- Life Spices
- Living Your Dreams
- My Online Collections
- Article Discovery Politics
- Rugjeff’s Blog about Blogging
- Lack of Money is the Root of All Evil
- Digital Information Technology
- Inklings: The Copywriter’s Blog
- Internet Serious Business
- Romance Tracker
- Bubba Stuff
- Syaf the Geek
- Manila Mom
- The Pond
- Life Rocks! 2.0
- Life in the Fast Lane
- Digital Phocus
- Dosh Dosh - kawaiikuma
- AskaX World - Andika Kusuma
- T Jantunen.com - T Jantunen
- CalvinWarr.com - Calvin Warr
- Vinod Live! - Vinod Ponmanadiyil
- Bil2me dot com
- Blogging for Money - Michael A. Setyaputra
- Money Consciousness - Nenad
- Brown Thoughts - Brown Baron
- Quasi Fictional - Diogenes
- Foreign Perspectives - Arnold
- Home Based Business - Brian Pratt
- The Million Dollar Experiment Down Under - Rob St George
- Sexy in Red - Norlina
- JameoTips - ValkrieAngel
- I Thought, Therefore I Blog - Bet Shop Boy
- My Online Collections - Star500
- Ramblings of an Undisturbed Mind - Beth
- Make Money Online The Quick and Easy Way - ejcooksey
- Manila Mom - tessasandiego
- Gauravonomics - Gaurav Mishra
- Digital Mail - atul
- Skeet’s Stuff - Fave the Site
- SQ & Kiki’s Playground - Fave the Site
- Texas RV Travel Blog - Fave the Site
- Gary Lee - Fave the Site
- Dosh Dosh - Fave the Site
- Nate Whitehill - Fave the Site
- Ms. Danielle - Fave the Site
- Jeff Kee - Fave the Site
- Scribble on the Wall - Fave the Site
- Jimi Morrisons Head - Fave the Site
- Jon Lee - Fave the Site
- Samanathon - Fave the Site
- Eat Drink & Be Merry - Fave the Site
- The Man of Silver - Fave the Site
- Hannes Johnson - Fave the Site
- My Dandelion Patch - Fave the Site
- Nathan Drach - Fave the Site
- SiteLogic - Fave the Site
- Julies Journal - Fave the Site
- Tea & Slippers - Fave the Site
- Stephen Fung - Fave the Site
- Ed Lau - Fave the Site
- QMusings - Fave the Site
- random thoughts
- the broken bow
- bigfoot sightings
- computer mobile corner
- my opinion counts
- winding threads
- my life
- blog to profit
- hacked gadgets
- sharing the life
- six degrees of inspiration
- most desirable
- man of contradiction
- pinoy seminars
- filipino entrepreneur
- india PR
- square cookies
- culture shiok!
- Nukilan Jejari Azhad
- reformat this
- earn money on the web
- blogs et IE
- married melody
- tiny signs
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Today is Monday, and starting the week with a dose of politics seems to uplift my spirit. Last week, I made a rundown on the reasons why I will or will not vote. This time, I will provide the list of candidate who will and will never get my vote.
I will not vote.....
Mike Defensor..... The guy really likes to row a boat in two rivers. He appears to be competent, but his ass kissing attitude is scary.
Coco Pimentel..... Being a bar topnotcher is not an assurance of competence. But the most glaring barrier to his possible victory is his direct association with the elder Pimentel.
Sonia Roco..... Her comments on autism might ring a bell. On a clearer point, I am not voting her because she will just duplicate Loi Estrada.
Prospero Pichay..... Have you heard of his district being as prosperous as his name? If he can't do it on a local level, then a national position is unlikely.
Ralph Recto..... The EVAT was supposed to improve the economy. Well, as what I observe, the EVAT is an additional burden that diminishes buying power.
I will vote.....
Edgardo Angara..... No doubt Angara is a traditional politician. But among the candidates, he has passed the most significant laws.
Francis Pangilinan..... I am not voting him because he opted to stay independent. I am voting him because he is KC's stepfather.
Joker Arroyo..... Age does nor matter in politics according to some. Arroyo has figuratively and literally lived by this perception.
Francis Escudero..... There has to be someone who will inject new blood in the Senate. Among all the young candidates, Escudero's blood appears to be the most compatible.
Panfilo Lacson..... Throughout his career, Ping has been hounded by various controversies. But the man is tough and my best bet to instill integrity in the deteriorating walls of the Senate.
Of course this list will never materialize. But a hint will always help in making decisions. I may not be right, but at least I made a choice.
Posted by I AM SAM at 4:10 PM